Frequently Asked Questions
Is early check-in or late check-out possible?
We always do our best to accommodate early check-in and late checkout requests, however these will be honored on an availability basis. Please inquire at the Front Desk about late checkout. After 1:00pm a full day’s rate will apply and the room will be extended for that night.
How far is the hotel from the local airports?
The Cardinal Hotel is conveniently located 20 miles from San Francisco International Airport, and is approximately 35 to 45 minutes away by car or taxi, or 55 minutes by CalTrain & BART and 16 miles from San Jose International Airport which is approximately 20 minutes away by car or taxi.
Is parking available at the hotel?
- The Cardinal Hotel does not have on site parking. Guests must park on the city streets or in the public parking lots. The closest public parking lot is located diagonally across the street from the hotel underneath Palo Alto City Hall.
- Most weekday parking in Palo Alto is free but time limited from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- There is a three-story parking lot underneath the City Hall building, directly across the street from the hotel, where the time limit is 3 hours. Most other lots and street parking is limited to 2 hours.
- Daily parking permits are available for purchase for $17.50 per day at the front desk.
- Weekend parking is free and unrestricted from Friday at 5:00 p.m. until Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- Parking on the residential streets (approximately 3 blocks from the hotel) is free and not time limited.
Is there a Concierge? What specific services are provided by the Concierge?
Concierge service is available at our front desk. Our team is well versed in recommendations regarding local dining, attractions and special events.
What is the appropriate dress on property?
Our dress code is hip, cool, and casual.
Do you have taxis available?
Taxis are available 24/7 and can be arranged via our front desk. Please allow a 15-minute grace period between ordering a taxi and its arrival.
What type of bedding and pillows are placed on each bed?
Each guest room is fitted with luxurious white goose down comforters. All of our luxuriously soft beds sport both white goose down pillows and hypo-allergenic pillows.
We also offer hypo-allergenic bedding and pillows upon request for our guests.
What room categories are available, and what are the differences?
We offer a wide range of room categories to meet your needs. Please see detailed descriptions under the rooms section of this website.
Does the rate include breakfast?
Breakfast is not included in our room rates.
A 'grab and go' breakfast may be added for $10.00 or a full 'Cardinal' breasfast for $15.00.
Recreation and Entertainment
What workout facilities are located nearby?
Vivre Fitness is located two short blocks from The Cardinal Hotel. They offer guests a $15 day passes, $49 two week afternoon/evening pass or $84 two week all access pass.
Can sports activities be pre-booked?
Is there one or more "must see" local attractions?
Please visit our location page for many fun and interesting places to visit during your stay at the Cardinal Hotel.
Is there high-speed Internet access?
Complimentary high-speed WiFi is offered in all common areas of the hotel and guest rooms.
Are there any consulates in the vicinity?
There are many consulate offices located in downtown San Francisco. Further information can be accessed via the San Francisco Chamber at http://www.sfchamber.com/.